Saturday, April 25, 2009

Breakfast outing to Living Room and FRIDAY MARKET!!

Well, after Danderma's inciting entry on breakfast at Living Room, I had planned to go there for breakfast that week (two weeks ago on 11-April, but I only got to blog about it now).

I went there with my mom, wife and her mom. Since I insisted we make it there before it is open at 10am, the breakfast outing turned out to be a full-day outing. We didn't get back until around 3:30PM. We headed to Marina crescent for desert, then I actually convinced them to stop by the Friday Market! My mother in-law mentioned excellent Truffles (Algerian) or Faqi3 she bought from there, so my mom wanted to try it out.

As Danderma pointed out, the service is rather SLOOOW! I think it's because their kitchen is too small and they can only make a few dishes at the same time? Our orders came in pairs with a delay in between :s. Although as she also pointed out, with the view and weather by the sea like that, who would blame the waiters for being a little out of it ;p

For some reason I didn't take photos of the Friday/Bird Market part, but here's shots from our breakfast at Living Room.

Don't miss their Scrambled Eggs.

And their Sangria pitcher is nice too.

We're leaving now to Living Room for another breakfast outing, this time with my wife and the kids only... too bad we didn't get ready earlier, the good tables will be taken by now :)
I'll blog about it when we're back (or while there since they have free wi-fi).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful day - breakfast, dessert AND the Friday market. How amazing - and wonderful - that you can take your Mom and your Mom-in-law and have such a great time. Mabruk!

NBQ said...

Oh my God.. a COMMENT?!! Happy day :)

Yeah... my mother in-law is a mother-o-holic! Works too much at home... to the extent that her sons depend on her too much. At lunch, they still wait & expect her to put food on their plates!! Get your lazy butts off and serve yourself from the food pot right in front of you in the middle of the table! Her youngest is over 12yo already! I tried explaining to her that she needs to let them be and depend on theirselves more, but no use... she's so used to smothering them...

Anyway, so I invited her to breakfast then I told my mom to join use for the outing. They were very delighted that we had so much time to do a lot of things :)

This week, my wife treated her for a hot stone massage (her first)... she was so worried and hesitant and didn't know what to do or what to wear.. but after they were done, she thanked my wife and kissed her for such a relaxing experience! :)

Anonymous said...

LLLOOOLLL - you are enticing her away from her mothering! And oh, what wonderful ways you are finding. I bet her first hot stone massage was a revelation!

Question - when I was teaching my son survival skills, like cooking, I started him off with spaghetti sauce. What does a Kuwaiti mother start with?

NBQ said...

Survival skills?!!
Well, she probably starts and stops with: 1-808080
or if she's technically savvy: http://www.6alabat.com/

Did I infer somewhere in my post that I was expecting the mother to teach food survival skills? All I wanted is for the kids to scoop their own portions of the food! But to actually cook?!! fat chance these days :) what with the 2 maids and all.

Daddy's Girl said...

I just saw ur post!!!

Good for you! Glad you liked it,,, o glad you had entertained both ur mom and ur mother in law :D

Anonymous said...

I have my irrational prejudices - every person needs to know how to swim, cook some basic dishes - like macaroni and cheese, even out of a package, or Ramen noodles - sew on a button, drive a car, use a hammer and screw driver, balance a checking account.

My son's wife adores me for teaching him to fold laundry. He is VERY good at it, and doesn't mind because he can do it while watching TV. :-)